- To explore key literature, existing programs and policies addressing African women in health, business, education and leadership in order to identify gaps and opportunities for increasing advancement of gender equity on the continent, including those that leverage Yale partnerships and partners.
- To increase visibility of programming and scholarly work addressing gender equity in Africa from diverse individuals, disciplines, centers and institutes at Yale to enhance collaboration and communication in future work.
- To generate actionable solutions to increase, or enhance, scholarly activity affecting gender equity, and African development as a whole, through a concerted effort among the Yale community, in close collaboration with key stakeholders.
To view past content/ video from the inaugural TTES conference with global speakers from around the world, visit our youtube link here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3LHXkVop1tbAHA9oY01bl8wKPkUb1U2l.
Here are sample talks, from our keynote speakers, at the event: Day 1 (President Ameenah Gurib-Fakim) and Day 2 (Dr. Ayoade Olatunbosun-Alakija)
Future Events and Opportunities:
- TTES biennial conference
- TTES quarterly workshops (virtual/ hybrid)
- Africa-based events
- Global health grant award for African women scientists
- Women in Africa leadership capacity-building award
- Mentorship and translation programs for African scientists